Shah Rukh Khan is a dashing and romantic Indian film actor. His parents were Taj Mohammed Khan and Fatima Begum, both of Muslim origin. His family belongs to the Tanoli tribe of the Pathan ethnic community. He has a sister named Shehnaaz and his wife is Gauri Khan, with whom he has three children: Aryan, Suhana and Abraham. He has got Padma Shri award in 2005 and 14 Film fare awards for his performance.
About Shah Rukh Khan
- Real Name: Shah Rukh Khan
- Nick Name: SRK, Badshah of Bollywood, King of Bollywood, King Khan, Khan, Mr. Khan
- Profession: Actor, Producer, Screenwriter, television personality
- Date of Birth: 2nd November 1965
- Age: 54 years
- Net Worth: 750 million US dollars
- Height: 5 feet 7 inch
- Weight: 75kg
- Body Measurements: 40-30-14.5 inches
- Eye Colour: Brown
- Hair Colour: Brown
- Spouse: Gauri Khan
- Parents: Taaj Mohammed Khan (Father), Lateef Fatima Khan (Mother)
- Children: 3 (2 sons, 1 daughter)
- Daughter: Suhana Khan
- Sons: Aryan Khan and Abram Khan
- Wiki Page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shah_Rukh_Khan
- Facebook profile or page: https://www.facebook.com/IamSRK/
- Twitter profile: https://twitter.com/iamsrk
- Official Website: http://srkuniverse.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/iamsrk/
Earlier life of King Khan
His father Taj Mohammed Khan was a freedom fighter. His mom Lateef Fatima was an adopted child of General Shah Nawaz Khan of the Janjua Rajput clan, who served as General in the Subash Chandra Bose Indian National Army. Khan’s father went to Gurgaon from Qissa Khawani Bazaar in Peshawar before the partition of India, while his mother’s family was from Rawalpindi, also in present-day Pakistan.
He attended the Santa Columba School, where he showed great skills for sports, theater and academic activities. He won the Sword of Honor, an annual award, bequeathed to the student who most embodies the spirit of the school. Later, he attended Hansraj College (1985-1988) to obtain an honor degree in Economics.
After the death of his parents, he moved from Gurgaon to Mumbai in 1991. In the same year, he married Gauri Khan, at a wedding with a Hindu ceremony. Two children were born from that marriage, Aryan (born 1997) and Suhana (born 2000). In 2013 Abram was born.
The book “Still Reading Khan” details his family life. It was published in 2006. Another book by Anupama Chopra, the King of Bollywood: Shahrukh Khan and the seductive world of Indian cinema, was published in 2007. This book describes his life.
The career of SRK
Shahrukh Khan began his career in film and television with a series entitled Fauji. In this series, he played Brigade soldier Abhimanyu Rai. His exceptional performances made Shahrukh act in what would be his first film in 1992: Deewana, the film was well-received by the audience becoming a box office hit with what began to make its way into Bollywood.
His great performance meant that he won a Filmfare award as ‘Best Male Debut’ in 1992. In 1993 he was acclaimed for his villain role in the thriller Darr in which he acted alongside Sunny Deol (one of the most important actors at that time) and Juhi Chawla (who already enjoyed a lot of popularity and the affection of fans in those years).
The same year he performed in Baazigar for which he receives the Filmfare Award for Best Actor, thus starting his up and award-winning film career. In this same film, he meets and acts for the first time with Kajol creating one of the best cinematographic couples of all time, not only in Bollywood but worldwide.
After that, he began to participate in films in which he had to play diverse roles from one production to another, thus improving and enriching his acting potential. His most remembered performances are in films such as Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa. It was a film that Khan considers his favorite. He won the prize for Best Actor according to critics for this film. For Anjaam movie, he won the Filmfare Award for Best Villain with Madhuri Dixit. His performances have achieved that until now he is considered the superstar of Indian cinema, preceded by the megastar Amitabh Bachchan.
He lives in Mumbai but constantly travels from country to country for his multiple recordings. It should be noted that she is one of the most recognized Indian celebrities in South Asia and in Indian communities settled outside that region, along with Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai, Hrithik Roshan, Kajol, Aamir Khan, Rani Mukherjee, Salman Khan, Shahid Kapoor, Saif-Ali Khan, Preity Zinta, Kareena Kapoor, Bipasha Basu, Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra (with whom she was romantically related in 2009).
Superhit films, songs, stunts of “Badshah of Bollywood”
- Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani (2000)
- Asoka (2001)
- Chalte Chalte (2003)
- Main Hoon Na (2004)
- Kaal (2005)
- Paheli (2005)
- Om Shanti Om (2007)
- Billu (2008)
- Main to hoon Pagal – Baadshah (1999)
- Apun Bola – Josh (2000 )
- Khaike Paan Banaraswala – Don – The Chase Begins Again (2006)
- Ek Hockey Doongi Rakhke – Chak De India (2007)
- Sattar Minute – Chak De India (2007)
- Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012)
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998)
- Main Hoon Na (2004)
- Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (2006)
- Chak From India (2007)
- Om Shanti Om (2007)
- Dil Dariya (1985)
- Fauji (1988), as Abhimanyu Rai.
- Doosra Keval (1989)
- Circus (1989)
- In Which Annie Gives It Those Ones (1989)
- Idiot (1991), as Pawan Raghujan.
- Kareena Kareena (2004), special character.
- Rendezvous with Simi Garewal, as a guest.
- Koffee with Karan (2004-2007), as a guest (3 episodes).
- Kaun Banega Crorepati (2007), as a guest.
- Jjhoom India (2007), as a guest.
- Nach Baliye (2008), as a guest.
- Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Is Tez Hain? (2008)
Success and Awards of “King Khan”
He has won the Padma Shri award and several Filmfare Awards, which are the most important award in India.
- 1992 – Deewana – Best Male Actor
- 1993 – Baazigar – Best Actor
- 1993 – Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa – Best performance according to critics
- 1994 – Anjaam – Best Villain
- 1995 – Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge – Best actor
- 1997 – Dil To Pagal Hai – Best actor
- 1998 – Kuch Kuch Hota Hai – Best Actor
- 2000 – Mohabbatein – Best Actor According to Critics
- 2002 – Devdas – Best Actor
- 2004 – Veer-Zaara – Best Actor
- 2004 – Filmfare Prize for Power, together with Amitabh Bachchan
- 2007 – Chak from India – Best actor
- 2010 – My name is Khan – Best actor
- 2012 – Ra one – Don 2 – Best actor
- 2012 – Jab Tak Hai Jaan – Best actor
- 2014 – Happy New Year – Best actor
SRK is famous worldwide for his amazing performance and style. He is currently one of the well-known stars of Indian cinema. He has participated in great productions. His versatility when acting has led him to be one of the most successful and highest-paid actors in Bollywood. He is also called “Badshah of Bollywood.” He is also considered to be the best father in the film industry because he loves his children very much and has a good time with them.